MEDICAL STORES LIMITED
Medical Stores Limited is the largest pharmaceutical and medical distributor in Zambia. It contributes to the effective management of health care provision in Zambia through: -
- Warehousing of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies;
- Distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to all districts and public sector hospitals;
- Monitoring of usage trends and analyzing of logistics information;
- Maintaining existing and establishing new relationships with stakeholders and partners in order to develop supply chain services in line with existing and future needs.
In order to enhance our ability to manage and coordinate all the related services that secure access to medicines and medical supplies, we are seeking to employ for the following positions: -
- HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
Reporting relationship: Human Resource Manager
The main purpose of the job is assist in developing, advising and implementing of policies including working practices, recruitment, diversity, and employment pay conditions required by the organization.
Also coordinates the employee recruitment process by providing support and advice to staff selection panel, ensuring that they have timely and accurate information to make valuable decisions and to ensure the availability of development and training opportunities to employees in order to improve their performance to achieve the objectives of the organization
- Provide support to supervisors and staff to develop the skills and capabilities of staff.
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place
- Provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations
- Identify training and development opportunities
- Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities
- Process employee requests for outside training while complying with policies and procedures
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles
- Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans
- Provide staff orientations
2. Monitor staff performance and attendance activities.
- Monitor daily attendance.
- Investigate and understand causes for staff absences.
- Recommend solutions to resolve chronic attendance difficulties.
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
3. Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
- Provide advice and assistance to supervisors on staff recruitment
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule and organize interviews
- Participate in applicant interviews
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates
- Prepare, develop and implement procedures and policies on staff recruitment
- Inform unsuccessful applicants
- Conduct exit interviews
4. Provide information and assistance to staff and supervisors on human resource and work related issues.
- Develop and implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures
- Promote workplace safety.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems
- Explain and provisions of the personnel policy.
- Explain employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation and labour standards
- Organize the transitional provisions of employee compensation, pay and benefits
Qualifications Experience and Competences
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Computer Literate in MS Word and Excel a must
- Must be a registered member of the ZIHRM
- Conversant with Zambian labour laws
- Two (2) years work experience in a similar position
- Good communication/negotiation/interpersonal skills
- Result/goal oriented
Permanent and Pensionable
- PROJECTS SUPPORT SPECIALISTS (2)
Reporting relationship: Programmes Director
To assist the Projects Office in overseeing and acquiring data and information necessary to prepare reports to the stakeholders. It is in the interest of MSL to implement projects and report on them efficiently, given that MSL is leading in the creation and implementation of programmes and projects related to procurement and supply chain management.
- Facilitating and managing ongoing projects/ programme planning processes
- Collection of programme data and processing into information for reports
- Writing programme reports based on terms of reference for the funding
- Budget monitoring and preparing basic expenditure reports
- Participating in the monitoring and evaluation of Programmes/projects
- Participate in organisation-level committees or working groups in the administration of regular project/ programme review sessions and serve as subject matter expert for departmental project/program portfolios.
- Develop executive level presentations and present when necessary
- With the help of the Programmes Director; coach, mentor and develop skill sets for functional staff and project analysts assigned to projects/programmes.
Qualifications, Experience and Competences
- Degree in Project Management, Business Management, Economics or equivalent
- Experience of programme management and implementation in the health sector is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as ability to present and explain information.
- Proven analytical experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management software such as Microsoft Project is an added advantage.
Two years contract, with a possibility of extension
3. PURCHASING MANAGER
Reporting Relationship: Director Procurement
To effectively procure services, goods and works in accordance with the Public Procurement Act No. 12 of 2008.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide advice and guidance to the Company and its management on all matters relating to but limited to Procurement Procedures/Public Procurement guidelines
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis (TNA) for the Team
- Maintain excellent liaison with suppliers and internal customers
- Providing guidance to Institutional Procurement Committee on all matters relating to Procurement of goods and services
- Effectively managing the preparations of solicitation documents (bidding) in order to facilitate bidding preparations
- Effectively prepare contract documents and contract management
- Chairing the tender closing and opening of bid documents meetings
- Effectively managing the physical storage and distribution of goods, services and works in order to ensure availability and safety stock but limited to stock able items
- Ensuring timely and accurate maintenance of records in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information
- Effectively managing human and other resources in order to attain the objective of the Unit
- Managing the Secretarial services of the Institutional Procurement Committee
- Provisional of general procurement services such as sending of enquiries to suppliers, collection/obtaining quotations, evaluate/analyze offers, raising of local purchase orders (LPO), raising of VAT exemption certificates for donor funded projects
- Consolidating the working relationship between departments and the Procurement Unit
Qualifications, experience and competences
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- First Degree in Business Management/Procurement/Commerce
- Full MCIPS
- Registered with Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply (ZIPS)
- 5 years experience of working in Procurement including experience of managing a department
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of ACCPAC will be added advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Permanent and Pensionable
If you fit the above profile, please apply to the address below by submitting an application letter and updated CV only including your daytime contact phone by Wednesday 28th January 2015. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.